* Please click here to read our payment terms
** Prices subject to change
This 6 day luxury holiday gives you the opportunity to deeply rest, rejuvenate and have that special me or us space! Pamper yourself at the luxurious, purpose built beachside resort and enjoy the services on offer. Fusion Maia is in a wonderful setting with great facilities, beautiful grounds and large infinity pool in addition to each room having its own private pool. The food and activities are designed to support you and your wellbeing with the 5 star service being attentive and yet non imposing and down to earth. This is the perfect retreat for anyone needing a break or simply wanting some pampering time.
Please note: To check availability for your preferred date, please contact us to confirm.
Travelbay Tip: Should you wish to extend your holiday and stay on either at the resort, in nearby Hoi An or elsewhere in Vietnam - we'd be happy to arrange this for you. There are many things to see and do in and around Hoi An. See here for more information about day tours.
* Price includes, 5 nights' accommodation, 2 daily spa treatments, airport transfers, daily breakfast and more. Price does not include return international flights from your country of origin.
We would be happy to provide you with a quote for international flights. Flights from Australia to Vietnam are approximately $900-$1100 per person return. The actual price varies depending on departure city, time of year and luck of the draw!
Find out what our customers have to say: Vietnam Customer Reviews and Photos
Day 1: Arrival in Da Nang and transfer to Fusion Maia Resort
Welcome to Fusion Maia :)
On arrival in Da Nang you will be collected from the airport and transferred to the resort by private car. Check in is from 2pm. Spend the rest of the day at leisure and you can begin to enjoy your spa treatments including many different types of body work and massage as well as beauty treatments.
You may wish to book your spa treatments for the first day in advance - the spa is open from 9am until 10pm. The treatments for the following days can be booked once you are at the resort.
Overnight in Da Nang: Fusion Maia Resort - Pool Villa
Days 2-5: Rest, rejuvenate and enjoy your spa treatments
Over the next four days enjoy all the luxury and wonderful services on offer.
Each day two spa treatments are included (you will need to book these which you can do with the resort staff). Choose from the treatment menu that includes Holistic Head Therapy, Aromatherapy Facials, foot massages and more. Click here to see the full menu.
The resort facilities also include a steam bath, sauna, beauty salon, indoor yoga centre, fully equipped gym, cinema and more.
Breakfast is included which you can have in any location within the resort at any time. Breakfast is also available (and included) at the Fusion Cafe in Hoi An, where you can also make use of the complimentary bicycles.
There is an informal poolside restaurant as well as the Five Dining Room restaurant that includes Vietnamese delicacies and international flavours.
Please note: Breakfast is the only meal included. All other meals are at your own expense to allow you the freedom to dine in or out.
Sit by the infinity pool and enjoy the ocean views or perhaps you'd prefer to lounge by your own private pool that is part of your villa. The spacious villas have open-plan living areas where the bedroom and bathroom open out onto the private garden and pool.
On days where you're feeling more adventurous, you can make use of the free shuttle bus that takes you into Hoi An (approximately 40 minutes and as per schedule) where you may like to shop, visit the tailor and wander the town.
Overnight in Da Nang: Fusion Maia Resort - Pool Villa
Meals included: Breakfast
Day 6: Time to go home or on to your next adventure
Today you will be collected three hours prior to your flight and taken to the airport.
Your spa treatments for the day will need to be prior to 12pm.
If you would like more time at Fusion Maia resort, please let us know and we can arrange a longer stay for you.
Meals included: Breakfast
- 6 day luxury escape at Fusion Maia Resort, Da Nang
- 5 nights' accommodation in a villa with private pool and garden.
- 2 spa treatments per day (a total of 12 over the 6 days) - choose from their fabulous spa menu.
- Daily breakfast - your gourmet breakfast can be eaten anytime, anywhere.
- Airport transfers – your private driver will meet you on arrival and take to the airport for your departure flight.
- Choice of welcome treats. Choose from either homemade cookies, homemade chocolates, a healthy treat of fresh fruit (please let us know your choice upon booking).
- Complimentary scheduled shuttle bus to Hoi An.
- Free WiFi resort wide.
- English speaking staff.
- Experience the serenity and sheer luxury of the Fusion Maia resort over 6 days.
- Two spa treatments daily - facials, massages, body wraps, manicures, and much more.
- The relaxation of a luxurious and premier Wellness Resort with 5 Star service.
How to get there:
This wonderful holiday starts and ends in Da Nang, Vietnam
Travelbay works together with an excellent corporate flight booking company and is happy to provide you with a quote and organise your flights. We charge a $50 booking fee for this service. Alternatively, if you would like to arrange flights yourself you can find more information and suggestions here.
If you are wanting to know more about how far it is between destinations and how long your flight will take, you can visit www.travelmath.com and use their trip calculator.
To help you calculate the time difference we recommend World Time Buddy.
Most nationalities require a visa when travelling to Vietnam. You need to apply for and receive your visa before you leave Australia. This can be done up to 6 months in advance.
To apply online, please click on the following link: http://www.vietnamembassyvisa.org.au/
You will need to complete your details and upload a passport photo and scanned copy of your passport. Your passport photo should have been taken within the last 12 months.
Once you have completed the online form you will be sent an email with details on the visa fees and how to pay. Please note, you will need to pay the listed additional postage fee.
In January 2019 the cost of an adult single entry 1 month visa was AUD $99 and a multiple entry visa AUD $140. The postage fee is in addition to this.
Once you have paid and your visa has been processed, you will receive the visa in the mail. In our experience they have always been quick and helpful and it is a simple process.
If you would like to apply for your visa via post click here for instructions and more information.
Important Information in relation to Vietnam Visa Approval letters
We do not approve of or support 3rd party Vietnam Approval Letters for the following reason:
- Vietnam Approval Letters are NOT Vietnam Visas.
- There have been many reports of fake letters and fake companies providing letters. The Vietnam Embassy have issued warnings in this regard.
- Even if you get a genuine letter on arrival in Vietnam you have to take your letter to a counter, queue up (sometimes for as long as an hour), pay a fee and get your Visa BEFORE you can pass through immigration – this can cause quite long delays at a time you would not want one.
- We recommend that you obtain your Vietnam Visa either online or through the Vietnam Embassy in Canberra or the Vietnam Consulate in Sydney prior to departure.
- Should you urgently need a letter and for some reason cannot obtain a visa prior to departure such as due to short notice, our colleagues in Vietnam can obtain a legitimate approval letter for you, but you will of course still have to go through the queue process on arrival in Vietnam.
If you decide to go to a 3rd party to obtain a Vietnam Visa letter we cannot take any responsibility for the consequences should you not be able to gain entry to Vietnam or experience delays.
Please note: Every country has different visa requirements and charges. To support we attempt to provide you with the latest information and links. However, please be aware that it is each traveller’s responsibility (and not Travelbay’s) to ensure that you have a valid visa if required for any country you visit.
The currency used in Vietnam is the Vietnamese Dong.
What currency to take over there is a personal choice. Some people prefer to take US$ cash as a backup whilst others prefer to take AUD$ cash – it depends on what you are comfortable with. There are ATM machines readily available in Vietnam. Occasionally the older ATM's do not accept Australian debit cards and you may need to try a different ATM.
From our personal experience we found the best exchange rate was on taking AUD into a bank and exchanging for dong. Please keep in mind that banks are closed on weekends.
Bank fees are around $10 each time you withdraw cash at an ATM and the maximum you can withdraw at any one time is 3,000,000 dong (approximately $175 as at March 2018). It is likely you would need to withdraw a few times over your holiday depending on your needs.
We recommend letting your bank know that you will be using your card in Vietnam to avoid them freezing any 'suspicious' activity.
Travelbay recommends you check with your doctor as to any immunisations that you may require or that are recommended for your travels. Alternatively, you can visit The Travel Doctor or Travelvax for more information.
Electricity and Adaptors
A useful resource to find out what plug or adaptor you might need for any country can be found by clicking here: https://whatplug.info/to/ and then selecting the country or countries you are visiting.
Many people ask us about the weather in Vietnam.
There is not one simple answer so we have prepared a more detailed reply which you can find here.
Dry season in Da Nang: February to May
Wet season in Da Nang: September to December
Peak season: June to August
The Lunar/Chinese New Year is a time when Vietnam all but comes to a standstill. Most people go home to their families and travel during this time is not recommended. The dates for the New Year change each year but usually it is in late January to February. Please note – we do not sell tours nor recommend travelling during this time.
Other dates to note include the following:
- 4 October: Mid-Autumn Festival – Adults and children take to the streets to celebrate and float lanterns in the rivers and lakes. The Old Quarter in Hanoi and the Old Town of Hoi An are generally crowded.
- 31 December – New Year’s Eve – January 1 is a public holiday and many people celebrate.
Population: 93.5 million
Predominant religion: 81% of the population has no religion followed by 9% Buddhist
Some interesting facts:
The Vietnamese language has six different tones. A change in tone changes the meaning of the word making the language somewhat difficult to learn (but English is widely spoken and the friendly locals are more than happy to help you with your Vietnamese pronunciation).
Vietnam is one of the world’s last surviving one-party Communist states.
Around 70% of the 93 million plus people that live in Vietnam, live in the countryside and over half the population are under 25.
See more of Vietnam with a Travelbay Vietnam Tour:
Terms & Conditions
Upon purchase of your holiday online you will immediately receive a receipt and order confirmation. Travelbay will contact the tour operator to confirm availability for all accommodation and transportation for your holiday.
As soon as we have confirmed the dates (usually within 48 hours sometimes a little longer at weekends) we will email you your booking confirmation.
We will request further information from you to ensure that all your personal preferences are taken care of. This will include details such as your accommodation preferences, dietary requests, allergies, health issues, emergency contact and any special requirements. We will also request copies of the passport for each traveller so that we can organise and book all the flights that are listed as being included in the price of this holiday.
It is important to note that your dates are only confirmed once we have been in touch with you to confirm availability. Therefore, please wait on purchasing your international flights until you have received booking confirmation from us.
In the unlikely event that there is no availability on your chosen date we will offer you alternate dates. If these do not suit we will fully refund your payment.
- Quoted prices are per person.
- Booking valid for selected and booked travel dates.
- Please book at least 30 days prior to your desired date of travel.
- Bookings are subject to availability.
- The twin share price is based on 2 people per room. For triple share please contact us.
- Child prices: Please contact us for rates.
- The package is not available on the following dates:
- 14 - 21 April 2019
- 27 April - 5 May 2019
- A high season surcharge of $400 per person twin share and $800 per person single room applies for booking between
- 27 June - 6 October 2019
- If you would like to extend your time at the resort and require extra nights’ accommodation, please contact us and we can arrange it for you.
- Prior to completion of your booking we take great care to go through all the details together with you until we get everything exactly as you would like it. At that point we confirm your booking and the details and you pay for it. If after payment, you decide to make further changes we will do what we can to accommodate them and will also need to charge an additional $50 administration fee.
- 5 nights' accommodation in Pool Villa with private pool.
- Check-in & check-out time: generally, check in is after 2 pm and check out before 12 pm. Early check-in and late check-out are subject to room availability and may generate additional full day room rate.
- Daily breakfast.
- 2 spa treatments per day
- Free wifi available throughout the resort.
- Choice of welcome treats.
- Complimentary shuttle bus to Hoi An as per schedule.
- All airport transfers.
- Please note: There is one airport transfer on arrival and one airport transfer on departure for the group booked. If within your group you will be arriving separately, please contact us for a quote.
- Taxes and service fees.
- International airfares to and from Vietnam.
- Meals not outlined in the itinerary.
- Drinks for all meals.
- Vietnam Visa.
- Tips and gratuities.
- Personal expenses such as telephone, laundry etc.
- Others not indicated in the inclusions.
General Terms & Conditions:
- Your contract with Travelbay commences upon us providing you with a booking confirmation (not upon payment).
- By purchasing this tour you confirm that you have read, understood and agree to these terms and conditions.
- All prices we list are in AUD unless otherwise stated and include GST where payable.
- This package, including any unused portion, cannot be exchanged for other services or cash.
- Some accommodation providers may require that you present a credit card or cash deposit upon check-in to cover any additional expenses that may be incurred during your stay, for example mini-bar. You are responsible for the payment of any such additional expenses.
- Please check baggage allowance prior to travel. The allowance may vary according to the destination, airline, cruise or coach operator. You are responsible for any excess baggage fees.
- Travelbay recommends travel insurance. We would be pleased to provide you with a quote and support you in your insurance needs. Please click here or contact us on 1800 020 020.
- It is your responsibility to ensure you have a valid visa, if required. Please click here for more information on visa requirements.
- Passport and visa regulations can change and it is your responsibility to ensure that you possess the relevant travel documents before you travel. Delays can be experienced in obtaining a passport or visa, so you are advised to apply in plenty of time. We accept no responsibility in any regard in relation to customers who are denied entry to a country because they do not possess the correct travel documents.
- It is also your responsibility to ensure that you hold a passport that is valid for at least six months beyond your date of return. If you hold multiple passports, you may be required to present your passport of residence on departing that country. If you hold a passport for a country to which you are travelling, you may be obliged to produce that passport on entering the country. Accordingly, you could be obliged to carry more than one passport when travelling overseas. You should make your own enquiries in relation to your specific circumstances and requirements.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that all your details are recorded correctly. Any request for a name change after documents have been issued may incur amendment fees or result in the original booking being cancelled and in the case of airlines, the loss of a seat.
- When purchasing flights, cruises and other carriage and travel services, the name on the passport must match the name on the ticket otherwise you may not be able to travel and insurance may be invalid. If, after purchasing products or services but before traveling, any member of your party changes their name you must notify the relevant carrier, or us, immediately so that the necessary changes can be made to your documentation. You may incur a fee.
- Travelbay recommends you check with your doctor as to any immunisations that you may require or that are recommended for your travels. Alternatively, you can visit The Travel Doctor or Travelvax for more information. For those of you who have any medical conditions please also ensure you are fit to travel and have all the medication you need with you. Recommended inoculations for travel may change and you should consult your doctor for current recommendations before you depart. It is your responsibility to ensure that you meet all health entry requirements, obtain recommended inoculations, take all recommended medication, and follow all medical advice in relation to your trip.
- Many but not all suppliers have facilities for people who require assistance. If you have any disabilities or require special assistance, please let us know at the time of booking so we can check if suitable services are available.
- It is your responsibility to review travel prohibitions, warnings, announcements and advisories issued by the relevant government agencies prior to booking travel or departing to international destinations. For Australian travellers, information on conditions in various countries and the level of risk associated with travel to particular international destinations can be found on the Australian Government's travel advisory and consular assistance service website currently located at http://www.smarttraveller.gov.au. For travellers from other countries we recommend you check the travel recommendations of your country.
- By offering reservations for travel-related products or services in relation to particular international destinations, Travelbay does not represent or warrant that travel to such points is advisable or without risk, and Travelbay is not liable for damages or losses that may result from travel to such destinations.
- Travelbay sells tours on behalf of other Suppliers/Tour Operators. We rely on the relevant third party suppliers. Travelbay and the airlines, hotels and other Suppliers providing Services made available on or through this Website are independent parties and are not related parties. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Travelbay is not liable for the acts, errors, omissions, representations, warranties, breaches or negligence of any such Suppliers or for any personal injuries, death, property damage, or other damages or expenses resulting therefrom.
- Whilst we take great care to provide clear and accurate information, there may be occasions where there are inaccuracies or errors. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Travelbay does not guarantee the accuracy of, and disclaims liability for, any errors or other inaccuracies relating to the information, descriptions and activities displayed on this website and in our promotional material.
- All accommodation and hotels are subject to change. If the stated hotel is not available a hotel of a similar standard and location will be booked.
- Hotel ratings displayed on this Website and in our promotional material are intended only as general guidelines, and Travelbay does not guarantee the accuracy of the ratings. Hotel room images are representative only and the actual room occupied may vary in inclusions and décor.
- In some circumstances, some specific products or services as contained on this website and promotional material may not be available due to circumstance beyond our control. In that situation, we will do our best to provide replacement products and / or services of a comparable nature and quality. Travelbay and our respective Suppliers make no guarantees about the availability of specific products and services.
- Subject to relevant laws, if Travelbay merges, sells or otherwise changes control of our business or this Website, we reserve the right, without giving notice or seeking consent, to transfer or assign your Personal Information, content and rights that we have collected from you and any agreements we have made with you.
- Travelbay reserves all intellectual property rights, including but not limited to, copyright in material and/or services provided by us.
If you have any questions please email us 24/7 or call us Monday to Friday on 1800 020 020 to speak with one of our friendly team.
MANY MORE DATES AVAILABLE - PLEASE ASK US
Please contact us to check availability
20 July 2019*
27 July 2019*
3 August 2019*
10 August 2019*
17 August 2019*
24 August 2019*
31 August 2019*
7 September 2019*
14 September 2019*
21 September 2019*
28 September 2019*
5 October 2019*
12 October 2019
19 October 2019
26 October 2019
*High season surcharge applies. Please contact us or see TERMS