* Please click here to read our payment terms
** Prices subject to change
Bandar Seri Begawan - Bangar - Ulu Temburong National Park: 4 Days
Located on the island of Borneo, the nation of Brunei Darussalam is one of smallest yet wealthiest nations in the world. It is an interesting mix of spectacular mosques and Islamic architecture, traditional water villages and untouched rainforest in a country where shopping and food are top pastimes.
Explore the capital of Bandar Seri Begawan and the rainforests of Ulu Temburong, catch sight of interesting wildlife, learn about the local culture and sample some great cuisine.
* Price includes 3 nights' accommodation, transfers, guides, 6 meals and more. Price does not include return international flights to Brunei.
We would be happy to provide you with a quote for international flights. Flights from the major cities in Australia to Bandar Seri Begawan in Brunei are very approximately $600 - $900 per person return. The actual price varies depending on departure city, time of year and luck of the draw!
Day 1: Arrive and discover Bandar Seri Begawan
Upon arrival at Bandar Seri Begawan airport you will be met by your tour guide and transferred to your hotel for check-in, where you can rest before beginning your holiday with a short tour of the city.
Highlights of the city tour include a visit to the Brunei Museum, Sultan Omar Ali Saifuddien Mosque, The Royal Regalia Exhibition Hall, Hassanil Bolkiah Mosque and a photo stop at the entrance of the biggest residential palace in the World – Istana Nurul Iman, which is the official residence of His Majesty The Sultan of Negara Brunei Darussalam.
Please note: Non-Muslims are not allowed to enter the mosques on Thursdays, Fridays and during any religious ceremonies. For tours on these days and times you can visit the garden area and compound of the 2 mosques.
Overnight in Bandar Seri Begawan: The Centre Point Hotel.
Day 2: Take a water taxi to Bangar and trek through the rainforest of Bukit Patoi
Enjoy a leisurely breakast and at 11:30am you will be collected from your hotel and taken to a local restaurnat for lunch. After lunch, you will be taken to the jetty to catch a water taxi to Bangar, Temburong (about 45 minutes).
On arrival at Bangar you will be met and greeted by a local guide. Continue on to Bukit Patoi for a nature trek through the colourful and dense jungle, where you can listen and keep an eye out for all kinds of wildlife including the odd looking proboscis monkeys, gibbons birdlife and more. You will want your camera with you to capture the panoramic views of the rainforest from the summit of Bukit Patoi.
Later in the day you will be taken to your resort in Batang Duri for check-in where you can either relax, enjoy a swim or some sightseeing from one of the treehouses overhanging the riverbank - the choice is yours. There is also an opportunity to help prepare tonight's dinner - a delicious local specialty using bamboo - followed by an optional night walk to spot the nocturnal wildlife.
Please note: we advise wearing comfortable walking shoes and taking a change of clothes.
Overnight in Batang Duri: Trandie Marina Resort
Meals included: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 3: Explore Ulu Temburong National Park
This morning after breakfast set off on your day's adventure to Ulu Temburong National Park using the "temuai" - a local wooden longboat.
After registration at the Forestry Registration office, your guide will take you on a guided trek up to the Canopy Walkway (1,200 steps) - be prepared to be wowed by the views of this untouched wilderness.
Continue on to a jungle waterfall where you can choose to swim or you might like to try out a natural fish massage in the pools around the waterfall.
Head back to the jungle lodge where you can enjoy a warm home cooked lunch. Later on, transfer to Bangar to catch your boat back to Bandar Seri Begawan.
Overnight in Bandar Seri Begawan: Centre Point Hotel
Meals included: Breakfast, Lunch
Day 4: Time to go home or onto your next destination
After breakfast you will be collected and transferred to the airport in time for your flight.
Meals included: Breakfast
* All accommodation and hotels are subject to change. If the stated hotel is not available a hotel of a similar standard and location will be booked.
- 4 day tour of Brunei including Bandar Seri Begawan and the rainforest of Temburong National Park
- 3 nights' accommodation.
- Enjoy the delights of Bruneian cuisine with 6 meals included in the package.
- All airport transfers – your tour guide will be there to meet you on arrival and get you to the airport on time for your departure.
- Air conditioned mini van for all overland transport and all transport as per itinerary.
- English speaking guide.
- Entrance and sightseeing fees as stated in the itinerary.
- Discover the city of Bandar Seri Begawan with its golden domed and ornate mosques, the Sultan's palace and the contrast of water villages.
- Take a boat to Bangar, climb the summit of Bukit Patoi and enjoy the views of the untouched rainforest.
- Take a traditional longboat upstream to Ulu Temburong National Park, where you can take a jungle walk and spot wildlife.
How to get there:
This tour starts and ends in Bandar Seri Begawan.
Brunei is situated on the North coast of the island of Borneo, surrounded by Malaysia and the South China Sea.
Travelbay works together with an excellent corporate flight booking company and is happy to provide you with a quote and organise your flights. We charge a $50 booking fee for this service. Alternatively, if you would like to arrange flights yourself you can find more information and suggestions here.
If you are wanting to know more about how far it is between destinations and how long your flight will take, you can visit www.travelmath.com and use their trip calculator.
To help you calculate the time difference we recommend World Time Buddy.
Travellers on an Australian passport will need to apply for a visa to Brunei. This can be done on arrival and you are required to fill in a Visa Form and arrival card which is available on all incoming flights to Brunei.
You can apply for either a single or multiple entry visa and the visa is valid for 30 days.
You will need the following:
- A valid passport with more than 6 months expiry
- Complete visa application form
- The visa fee of BND20 (approximately AUD20). Please note the visa fees may change and you may want to check directly with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade for Brunei
- One recent passport sized photograph
- Copy of your travel itinerary
Please note: Every country has different visa requirements and charges. To support we attempt to provide you with the latest information and links. However, please be aware that it is each traveller’s responsibility (and not Travelbay’s) to ensure that you have a valid visa if required for any country you visit.
The currency used in Brunei is the Brunei dollar. Singapore dollars can also be used in Brunei and are accepted like Brunei dollars.
What currency to take over there is a personal choice. Some people prefer to take US$ cash as a backup whilst others prefer to take AUD$ cash – it depends on what you are comfortable with. There are ATM machines available and you should let your bank know that you will be using your card overseas to avoid them freezing any 'suspicious' activity.
Tipping and tour guides:
A few customers have asked us about tipping. Really this is a personal matter, not obligatory and at your discretion.
Some like to provide the tour guide with a few dollars a day and a little less for the driver. If you love your guide you can of course offer more – it really is up to you.
Tour guides will not generally join you when eating – you are welcome to invite them though if you feel to.
Travelbay recommends you check with your doctor as to any immunisations that you may require or that are recommended for your travels. Alternatively, you can visit The Travel Doctor or Travelvax for more information.
Electricity and Adaptors
A useful resource to find out what plug or adaptor you might need for any country can be found by clicking here: https://whatplug.info/to/ and then selecting the country or countries you are visiting.
Dry season: May to September
Wet season: September to December
Temperature: Sitting only a few degrees North of the equator, the temperatures are fairly similar all year round, 25-33 degrees Celsius during the day and not going much below 22 degrees Celsius during the night.
Peak season: June and August
Language: The official language of Brunei is Malay but English is widely spoken
Predominant religion: Muslim
Please note: The sale of alcohol is prohibited in Brunei and laws governing the limited importation of alcohol are strictly enforced. Travellers should familiarise themselves with local requirements and be aware that they may be required to produce documentation showing that any alcohol was legally purchased and imported.
Some interesting facts:
The tiny state of Brunei has one of the world's highest standards of living thanks to its bountiful oil and gas reserves.
Bruneians get free education and health care, subsidised food and housing and they do not pay personal incomes taxes.
Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah belongs to the same family that has ruled Brunei for over six hundred years.
Traditionally in Brunei you don't shake hands with the opposite sex.
The Belalong Tree Frog can only be found in Brunei.
Extend your holiday on the island of Borneo or enjoy some time on the Malaysian Peninsula with one of these great tours.
Terms & Conditions
Upon purchase of your tour online you will immediately receive a receipt and order confirmation. Travelbay will contact the tour operator to confirm availability for all accommodation and transportation for your tour.
As soon as we have confirmed the dates (usually within 48 hours sometimes a little longer at weekends) we will email you your booking confirmation.
We will request further information from you to ensure that all your personal preferences are taken care of. This will include details such as your accommodation preferences, dietary requests, allergies, health issues, emergency contact and any special requirements.
It is important to note your dates are only confirmed once we have been in touch with you to confirm availability. Therefore, please wait on purchasing your international flights until you have received a booking confirmation from us. In the unlikely event that there is no availability on your chosen date we will offer you alternate dates. If these do not suit we will fully refund your payment.
- Quoted prices are per person.
- Booking valid for selected and booked travel dates.
- Bookings are subject to availability.
- Child pricing: Please contact us for child pricing.
- Minimum group size is 2.
- Maximum group size is 10. Please contact us if your group is larger than 10.
- If you would like to arrive before the start of tour or leave later and require extra nights’ accommodation, please contact us and we can arrange it for you at very reasonable rates (subject to availability).
- Prior to completion of your booking we take great care to go through all the details together with you until we get everything exactly as you would like it. At that point we confirm your booking and the details and you pay for it. If after payment, you decide to make further changes we will do what we can to accommodate them and will also need to charge an additional $50 administration fee.
- 3 nights' twin share accommodation (3 Star).
- Check-in & check-out time: generally, check in is after 2 pm and check out before 12 pm. Early check-in and late check-out are subject to room availability and may generate additional full day room rate.
- 6 meals as per itinerary.
- Free wifi available at Centre Point in Bandar Seri Begawan - please note the WIFI can be inconsistent.
- An English speaking guide throughout the tour.
- Entrance and sightseeing fees as stated in the itinerary.
- All airport transfers.
- Please note: There is one airport transfer on arrival and one airport transfer on departure for the group booked. If within your group you will be arriving separately, please contact us for a quote.
- Air conditioned mini van for all overland transport as per itinerary including a water taxi from Bandar Seri Begawan to Bangar.
- Taxes and service fees.
- International flights.
- Domestic flights.
- Meals not outlined in the itinerary.
- Drinks for all meals.
- Tips and gratuities.
- Personal expenses such as telephone, laundry etc.
- Others not indicated in the inclusions.
General Terms & Conditions:
- Your contract with Travelbay commences upon us providing you with a booking confirmation (not upon payment).
- By purchasing this tour you confirm that you have read, understood and agree to these terms and conditions.
- All prices we list are in AUD unless otherwise stated and include GST where payable.
- This package, including any unused portion, cannot be exchanged for other services or cash.
- Some accommodation providers may require that you present a credit card or cash deposit upon check-in to cover any additional expenses that may be incurred during your stay, for example mini-bar. You are responsible for the payment of any such additional expenses.
- Please check baggage allowance prior to travel. The allowance may vary according to the destination, airline, cruise or coach operator. You are responsible for any excess baggage fees.
- Travelbay recommends travel insurance. We would be pleased to provide you with a quote and support you in your insurance needs. Please click here or contact us on 1800 020 020.
- It is your responsibility to ensure you have a valid visa, if required. Please click here for more information on visa requirements.
- Passport and visa regulations can change and it is your responsibility to ensure that you possess the relevant travel documents before you travel. Delays can be experienced in obtaining a passport or visa, so you are advised to apply in plenty of time. We accept no responsibility in any regard in relation to customers who are denied entry to a country because they do not possess the correct travel documents.
- It is also your responsibility to ensure that you hold a passport that is valid for at least six months beyond your date of return. If you hold multiple passports, you may be required to present your passport of residence on departing that country. If you hold a passport for a country to which you are travelling, you may be obliged to produce that passport on entering the country. Accordingly, you could be obliged to carry more than one passport when travelling overseas. You should make your own enquiries in relation to your specific circumstances and requirements.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that all your details are recorded correctly. Any request for a name change after documents have been issued may incur amendment fees or result in the original booking being cancelled and in the case of airlines, the loss of a seat.
- When purchasing flights, cruises and other carriage and travel services, the name on the passport must match the name on the ticket otherwise you may not be able to travel and insurance may be invalid. If, after purchasing products or services but before traveling, any member of your party changes their name you must notify the relevant carrier, or us, immediately so that the necessary changes can be made to your documentation. You may incur a fee.
- Travelbay recommends you check with your doctor as to any immunisations that you may require or that are recommended for your travels. Alternatively, you can visit The Travel Doctor or Travelvax for more information. For those of you who have any medical conditions please also ensure you are fit to travel and have all the medication you need with you. Recommended inoculations for travel may change and you should consult your doctor for current recommendations before you depart. It is your responsibility to ensure that you meet all health entry requirements, obtain recommended inoculations, take all recommended medication, and follow all medical advice in relation to your trip.
- Many but not all suppliers have facilities for people who require assistance. If you have any disabilities or require special assistance, please let us know at the time of booking so we can check if suitable services are available.
- It is your responsibility to review travel prohibitions, warnings, announcements and advisories issued by the relevant government agencies prior to booking travel or departing to international destinations. For Australian travellers, information on conditions in various countries and the level of risk associated with travel to particular international destinations can be found on the Australian Government's travel advisory and consular assistance service website currently located at http://www.smarttraveller.gov.au. For travellers from other countries we recommend you check the travel recommendations of your country.
- By offering reservations for travel-related products or services in relation to particular international destinations, Travelbay does not represent or warrant that travel to such points is advisable or without risk, and Travelbay is not liable for damages or losses that may result from travel to such destinations.
- Travelbay sells tours on behalf of other Suppliers/Tour Operators. We rely on the relevant third party suppliers. Travelbay and the airlines, hotels and other Suppliers providing Services made available on or through this Website are independent parties and are not related parties. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Travelbay is not liable for the acts, errors, omissions, representations, warranties, breaches or negligence of any such Suppliers or for any personal injuries, death, property damage, or other damages or expenses resulting therefrom.
- Whilst we take great care to provide clear and accurate information, there may be occasions where there are inaccuracies or errors. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Travelbay does not guarantee the accuracy of, and disclaims liability for, any errors or other inaccuracies relating to the information, descriptions and activities displayed on this website and in our promotional material.
- All accommodation and hotels are subject to change. If the stated hotel is not available a hotel of a similar standard and location will be booked.
- Hotel ratings displayed on this Website and in our promotional material are intended only as general guidelines, and Travelbay does not guarantee the accuracy of the ratings. Hotel room images are representative only and the actual room occupied may vary in inclusions and décor.
- In some circumstances, some specific products or services as contained on this website and promotional material may not be available due to circumstance beyond our control. In that situation, we will do our best to provide replacement products and / or services of a comparable nature and quality. Travelbay and our respective Suppliers make no guarantees about the availability of specific products and services.
- Subject to relevant laws, if Travelbay merges, sells or otherwise changes control of our business or this Website, we reserve the right, without giving notice or seeking consent, to transfer or assign your Personal Information, content and rights that we have collected from you and any agreements we have made with you.
- Travelbay reserves all intellectual property rights, including but not limited to, copyright in material and/or services provided by us.
If you have any questions please email us 24/7 or call us Monday to Friday on 1800 020 020 to speak with one of our friendly team.
FOR MORE DATES PLEASE CONTACT US - MANY MORE AVAILABLE
24 August 2019
7 September 2019
21 September 2019
5 October 2019
19 October 2019
2 November 2019
16 November 2019
30 November 2019
14 December 2019*
28 December 2019*
11 January 2020
25 January 2020
8 February 2020
22 February 2020
7 March 2020
21 March 2020
* High season surcharge applies, please contact us for rates