Tipping is entirely at your discretion.
In response to some customers questions here are a few guidelines:
It is usual to tip the waiters, porters, guides and drivers. Tips are not included in the bills for hotels, transport companies or any other suppliers. At hotels and restaurants, about 10% of the bill is usually acceptable. Tipping is not necessary for taxis or for cheaper restaurants.
Although we give below a few general guidelines, it is to be remembered that tipping is a sign of gratification for good service, and therefore please view the guidelines as the middle ground, which can be adjusted depending on the level of service you feel you have received.
Please note the below amounts are per person for individual travellers.
- Guide (Full Day): Rs 500 – Rs 800 per day
- Guide (Half Day): Rs 400 – Rs 600 per day
- Tour Escort: Rs 500 – Rs 1000 per day
- Driver: Rs 300 – Rs 500 per day
- Bell Boy: Rs 30 – Rs 50 member of staff
- Room Service & Restaurants: about 10% of the bill total (Unless service charge is mentioned as included)
Tipping tip: It can be handy to have small notes for tipping.