* Please click here to read our payment terms
** Prices subject to change
The Maldives need little introduction - one look at a picture of Bungalows on the crystal clear ocean water says it all.
You may wish to simply relax, rejuvenate and enjoy some repose time at the resort or you can snorkel, dive, take a boat trip and enjoy the incredible sea life. The islands of the Maldives are formed by 26 natural atolls and some of the world's best coral reefs that are home to sea turtles, colourful fish, dolphins, whales and much more. You can also visit the local communities on other islands or explore the capital of Malé.
You have the option of staying at 2 different resorts, each on their own private island where you can choose between a bungalow/room on land or on water. The on-land accommodation is not far from the beach and the on water accommodation is literally just that - you can dangle your feet over the veranda with the crystal clear water only inches away.
* Price includes 5 nights' accommodation, airport and speedboat transfers to the resort, two meals daily and more. Price does not include international return flights to or from the Maldives
We would be happy to provide you with a quote for international flights. Flights from Australia to Maldives vary depending on your location. As an indication from Sydney, flights are approximately $1,000 per person return. The actual price varies depending on departure city, time of year and luck of the draw!
Day 1: Arrival in Malé, Maldives
On arrival in Malé you will be met at the airport and transferred by speedboat to your resort.
Overnight in either Paradise Island Resort (Superior Beach Bungalow or Water Villa) or Adaaran Club Rannalhi (Standard Room or Water Bungalow)
Meals included: Dinner (both Paradise Island Resort and Adaaran Club Rannalhi)
Days 2 - 5: At leisure on the gorgeous islands of the Maldives
Enjoy your time at leisure at the resort. Spend your days relaxing as you please in this wonderful paradise.
There are optional activities that can be arranged via the resort (at your expense) such as snorkelling, boat trips, water sports and more.
Overnight in either Paradise Island Resort (Superior Beach Bungalow or Water Villa) or Adaaran Club Rannalhi (Standard Room or Water Bungalow)
Meals included: Breakfast and either lunch or dinner (Paradise Island Resort); Breakfast, lunch and dinner (Adaaran Club Rannalhi)
Day 6: Time to go depart or you may like to extend your stay
Today you will be taken by speedboat back to Malé and to the airport for your flight home.
If you wish to extend your time on the Maldives, we can arrange for extra nights for you.
Meals included: Breakfast (both Paradise Island Resort and Adaaran Club Rannalhi)
Why not extend your holiday with a tour in India or Sri Lanka?
- 5 nights' accommodation
- Daily breakfast and either lunch or dinner
- All airport transfers – a representative will be there to meet you on arrival and get you to the airport on time for your departure
- Speedboat transfer to and from the resort
- Bottle of water (500ml) daily and drinking water at meal times
- Free WIFI in public areas (and at Paradise Island resort there is also free WIFI in the rooms)
- Use of Gymnasium and land sports (Badminton, table tennis, beach volleyball, tennis, basketball)
- Sauna, Steam bath and Jacuzzi (shared use)
- Windsurfing and Canoeing
Additional inclusions when booking to stay at Adaaran Club Rannalhi:
- All meals - breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Snacks - available at certain times throughout the day
- Drinks - mineral water, tea, coffee, soft drinks, house wine and beer and selected spirits
- 6 Days in paradise on your private island resort.
- Gorgeous white sand beaches.
- Crystal clear water.
- Incredible sea life.
How to get there:
This tour starts and ends in Malé, Maldives.
Travelbay works together with an excellent corporate flight booking company and is happy to provide you with a quote and organise your flights. We charge a $50 booking fee for this service. Alternatively, if you would like to arrange flights yourself you can find more information and suggestions here.
If you are wanting to know more about how far it is between destinations and how long your flight will take, you can visit www.travelmath.com and use their trip calculator.
To help you calculate the time difference we recommend World Time Buddy.
For travel to the Maldives a visa is required. Australian passport holders can apply for a 30 day visa on arrival. You must have a valid passport with at least 6 months validity from the time of your arrival back in Australia.
The currency used in the Maldives is the Maldivian Rufiyaa.
What currency to take with you is a personal choice. Some people prefer to take US$ cash as a backup whilst others prefer to take AUD$ cash – it depends on what you are comfortable with. There are ATM machines available and you should let your bank know that you will be using your card over there to avoid them freezing any 'suspicious' activity.
Information on the resorts:
Paradise Island Resort & Spa
Located on the Island of Lankanfinolhu, in the North Malé Atoll this resort is a 20 minute speedboat ride from Malé.
You can choose between a Beach Bungalow and a Water Villa.
Adaaran Club Rannalhi
Located at the tip of South Malé atoll, this resort is a 45 minute ride from Malé.
You can choose between a Standard Room and a Water Bungalow.
Travelbay recommends you check with your doctor as to any immunisations that you may require or that are recommended for your travels. Alternatively, you can visit The Travel Doctor or Travelvax for more information.
The Maldives has a tropical climate year round. Temperatures range from lows of 25-26° to highs of 30-31° throughout the year.
The best time to visit is between November and April. The monsoons bring rains from May to December with June being the wettest month.
Monsoon season: There are 2 different monsoons in the Maldives - the Southwest from May to October - this is the monsoon that has the greatest impact. It is stronger in the Northern Islands and can be accompanied by winds. The second is the Northeast from October to December is much quieter and brings some rain and thunderstorms in the afternoon and evenings.
Dry season: The driest time of year is from January to April.
Peak season: December to March.
Dhivehi is the official language of the Maldives and is closely related to Sinhala spoken in Sri Lanka.
Predominant religion: Islam
Some interesting facts:
In 2009 the President held an underwater cabinet meeting. This was to raise awareness for the concerns held around sea-levels rising.
Malé is the capital of the Republic of Maldives and the city takes up the entire islet of Malé which is only 1.7km long and 1km wide. It has around 100,000 people, making it a very densely populated city.The Maldives is made up of 1,192 islands and is the world's lowest lying country with an average ground elevation of 1.5m above sea level.
Combine your beach island holiday with a tour to Sri Lanka.
Terms & Conditions
Upon purchase of your tour online you will immediately receive a receipt and order confirmation. Travelbay will contact the tour operator to confirm availability for all accommodation and transportation for your tour.
As soon as we have confirmed the dates (usually within 24 hours sometimes a little longer at weekends) we will email you your booking confirmation.
We will request further information from you to ensure that all your personal preferences are taken care of. This will include details such as your accommodation preferences, dietary requests, allergies, health issues, emergency contact and any special requirements. We will also request a copy of each traveller’s passport.
It is important to note your dates are only confirmed once we have been in touch with you to confirm availability. Therefore, please wait on purchasing your international flights until you have received a booking confirmation from us. In the unlikely event that there is no availability on your chosen date we will offer you alternate dates. If these do not suit we will fully refund your payment.
- Quoted prices are per person.
- Booking valid for selected and booked travel dates.
- Please book at least 30 days prior to your desired date of travel.
- Bookings are subject to availability.
- Child prices: Please contact us for child prices as it will vary depending on the age of the child and group size.
- If you wish to upgrade and include all meals at Paradise Island Resort the following surcharges apply:
- $40 per person per night for the Beach Bungalow option (total of $200 for the 5 nights)
- $65 per person per night for the Water Villa option (total of $325 for the 5 nights)
- If you wish to upgrade and include all meals, drinks and services (all inclusive package) at Paradise Island Resort the following surcharges apply:
- $110 per person per night for the Beach Bungalow option (total of $550 for the 5 nights)
- $140 per person per night for the Water Villa option (total of $700 for the 5 nights)
- If you would like to stay longer than 5 nights, please contact us and we can arrange a longer stay for you.
- The twin share prices are based on two people sharing a room. If you are in a group of 2 or more and require your own room or travelling on your own, please contact us for single supplement prices.
- If you have any other special requests including having a quote for a Tailor Made Tour please let us know as we can make arrangements.
- 5 nights' accommodation
- Check in is 14:00pm and check out is 12:00pm.
- Early check in and late check out is subject to availability and consent of the hotel.
- Daily breakfast and lunch or dinner (Paradise Island Resort option)
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks; mineral water, tea, coffee, house wine and beer and selected spirits (Adaaran Club Rannalhi)
- Speedboat transfers to and from the resort.
- All airport transfers – a representative will be there to meet you on arrival and get you to the airport on time for your departure.
- Free WIFI in public areas.
- At Paradise Island Resort there is free WIFI in the rooms also.
- At Adaraan Club Rannalhi, there is WIFI in the rooms for a charge.
- Use of the gymansium, spa, sauna, land sprots (badminton, table tennis, beach volleyball, tennis, basketball), windsurfing and canoeing.
- International airfares to and from the Maldives (we can provide you with a quote for these).
- Meals not outlined in the itinerary (Paradise Island Resort)
- Drinks for all meals (Paradise Island Resort) or those not listed (Adaaran Club Rannalhi).
- Any visa fee.
- Travel insurance - we would be happy to give you a quote.
- Tips and gratuities.
- Personal expenses such as telephone, laundry etc.
- Others not indicated in the inclusions.
General Terms & Conditions:
- Your contract with Travelbay commences upon us providing you with a booking confirmation (not upon payment).
- By purchasing this tour you confirm that you have read, understood and agree to these terms and conditions.
- All prices we list are in AUD unless otherwise stated and include GST where payable.
- This package, including any unused portion, cannot be exchanged for other services or cash.
- Some accommodation providers may require that you present a credit card or cash deposit upon check-in to cover any additional expenses that may be incurred during your stay, for example mini-bar. You are responsible for the payment of any such additional expenses.
- Please check baggage allowance prior to travel. The allowance may vary according to the destination, airline, cruise or coach operator. You are responsible for any excess baggage fees.
- Travelbay recommends travel insurance. We would be pleased to provide you with a quote and support you in your insurance needs. Please click here or contact us on 1800 020 020.
- It is your responsibility to ensure you have a valid visa, if required. Please click here for more information on visa requirements.
- Passport and visa regulations can change and it is your responsibility to ensure that you possess the relevant travel documents before you travel. Delays can be experienced in obtaining a passport or visa, so you are advised to apply in plenty of time. We accept no responsibility in any regard in relation to customers who are denied entry to a country because they do not possess the correct travel documents.
- It is also your responsibility to ensure that you hold a passport that is valid for at least six months beyond your date of return. If you hold multiple passports, you may be required to present your passport of residence on departing that country. If you hold a passport for a country to which you are travelling, you may be obliged to produce that passport on entering the country. Accordingly, you could be obliged to carry more than one passport when travelling overseas. You should make your own enquiries in relation to your specific circumstances and requirements.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that all your details are recorded correctly. Any request for a name change after documents have been issued may incur amendment fees or result in the original booking being cancelled and in the case of airlines, the loss of a seat.
- When purchasing flights, cruises and other carriage and travel services, the name on the passport must match the name on the ticket otherwise you may not be able to travel and insurance may be invalid. If, after purchasing products or services but before traveling, any member of your party changes their name you must notify the relevant carrier, or us, immediately so that the necessary changes can be made to your documentation. You may incur a fee.
- Travelbay recommends you check with your doctor as to any immunisations that you may require or that are recommended for your travels. Alternatively, you can visit The Travel Doctor or Travelvax for more information. For those of you who have any medical conditions please also ensure you are fit to travel and have all the medication you need with you. Recommended inoculations for travel may change and you should consult your doctor for current recommendations before you depart. It is your responsibility to ensure that you meet all health entry requirements, obtain recommended inoculations, take all recommended medication, and follow all medical advice in relation to your trip.
- Many but not all suppliers have facilities for people who require assistance. If you have any disabilities or require special assistance, please let us know at the time of booking so we can check if suitable services are available.
- It is your responsibility to review travel prohibitions, warnings, announcements and advisories issued by the relevant government agencies prior to booking travel or departing to international destinations. For Australian travellers, information on conditions in various countries and the level of risk associated with travel to particular international destinations can be found on the Australian Government's travel advisory and consular assistance service website currently located at http://www.smarttraveller.gov.au. For travellers from other countries we recommend you check the travel recommendations of your country.
- By offering reservations for travel-related products or services in relation to particular international destinations, Travelbay does not represent or warrant that travel to such points is advisable or without risk, and Travelbay is not liable for damages or losses that may result from travel to such destinations.
- Travelbay sells tours on behalf of other Suppliers/Tour Operators. We rely on the relevant third party suppliers. Travelbay and the airlines, hotels and other Suppliers providing Services made available on or through this Website are independent parties and are not related parties. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Travelbay is not liable for the acts, errors, omissions, representations, warranties, breaches or negligence of any such Suppliers or for any personal injuries, death, property damage, or other damages or expenses resulting therefrom.
- Whilst we take great care to provide clear and accurate information, there may be occasions where there are inaccuracies or errors. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Travelbay does not guarantee the accuracy of, and disclaims liability for, any errors or other inaccuracies relating to the information, descriptions and activities displayed on this website and in our promotional material.
- All accommodation and hotels are subject to change. If the stated hotel is not available a hotel of a similar standard and location will be booked.
- Hotel ratings displayed on this Website and in our promotional material are intended only as general guidelines, and Travelbay does not guarantee the accuracy of the ratings. Hotel room images are representative only and the actual room occupied may vary in inclusions and décor.
- In some circumstances, some specific products or services as contained on this website and promotional material may not be available due to circumstance beyond our control. In that situation, we will do our best to provide replacement products and / or services of a comparable nature and quality. Travelbay and our respective Suppliers make no guarantees about the availability of specific products and services.
- Subject to relevant laws, if Travelbay merges, sells or otherwise changes control of our business or this Website, we reserve the right, without giving notice or seeking consent, to transfer or assign your Personal Information, content and rights that we have collected from you and any agreements we have made with you.
- Travelbay reserves all intellectual property rights, including but not limited to, copyright in material and/or services provided by us.
If you have any questions please email us 24/7 or call us Monday to Friday on 1800 020 020 to speak with one of our friendly team.
You can start this holiday on any date, pending availability
Please contact us to book
*Pricing valid until end of 2018